Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'm the FIRE GUY

Today I had my sculpture critique, I was very excited. Here are photos of my sculptures:


1.) 1st,2nd,4th (rings) This one is all the rings I've made in jewelry school with the evception of the 3rd one which was completly destroyed in a freak soldering accident. 2.) Clay Hillary bird (a work in progress) his head is a round wooden ball and the body is sculpy clay covered in acrylic paint. 3.) In these shoes I SCULPT consists of 2 foot shaped linoleum board pieces with the carved Hillary Tree bird from a piece I did last semester, they are placed in a pair of shoes that I always wear when I am doing anything involving sculpture.

I was going to show a 4th piece but about 10 minutes befor I was going to show it, it exploded. Yeah I set myself on fire today, you know how I was all facinated with the green flame that denatured alcohol makes? Well I was going to show my class how cool it looks, I tested it out before my presentation, the alcohol dripped on to the floor after I lit it & there was a huge blue flame in the middle of the Fine Arts Gallery with me in the middle of it. I freaked out scared to death that I was going to be expelled so I tried to put it out with my shoe but only after did I remember that I was wearing flip flops & my foot was on fire. I am the FIRE GUY. This is my foot: You cant really tell but I burnt all the hair of the tops of both my feet cause I am an idiot. When we got home Tim doctored them. I feel like a big stupid mummy, Melissa if you or Heath tell my mom I will burn your house to the ground, I've still got plenty of denatured alcohol.



2 comments:

Melissa said...

Are you okay? That looks awful!!

Jennifer said...

Wow...I hope you're okay! I once lit myself on fire in college. I didn't get burned too bad myself, but my jeans weren't very happy with me.