Monday, September 8, 2008

Jeweler Lessons

After I posted my last Blog entry I did some laundry, and got ready for my first day of Jewelering School. On Saturday I observed Doug, the jeweler, from 11:00-1:30. Then he left me and told me that I needed to make a ring by Monday. So I sat down and made a ring. He gave me a bar of silver and told me how not to blow myself up and then he went hunting. So I've got this bar of metal and I made a ring. 1.) I bent the silver with bending plyers,till it was kind of round 2.) I cut the metal with a jewelers saw 3.) I dipped the silver in Boric Acid and Alcohol to get it ready for heat and then set it on fire, the mix of acid and alcohol made the ring burst into a really beautiful green flame but it dies out quickly 4.) I soldered the two ends of the silver together 5.) I polished it, polished it some more 6.) Buffed it. and I had a ring. It was amazing. It felt very fluid and natural, and amazing. I went to my second day of jewelering and made another ring I'm really excited.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

The ring is beautiful!

Shannon said...

You're the best. For some reason no body believes that it was hard to make.So thanky... :)

Shannon said...

I ment for that comment to go to Melissa. I forget this is not like facebook....