Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"The Artmobile"

Today I did tours for the "Artmobile", it's a traveling art gallery. In the art gallery there are 23 pieces of art,which myself & my friend James (another Art Ed major at ASTATE)explained to 2 groups of forth graders, 2 groups of third graders, a group of second graders, a group of kindergartners, a group of fifth graders and a group of sixth graders. The kids were all alot of fun except for the sixth graders, they were rotten. I think the kindergartners were my favorites there was one little girl who came up & held my hand while we walked through the tour, a little boy who asked we if I made all they art, & a different little girl who told me I was pretty. They were fun.

Another neat thing about the tour was that it was at my elementary school. It was funny to be back there all the halls were the same colors,(but they looked smaller-I guess that could be attributed to the fact that I have probably grown two or so feet since I was last in the building) and I actually went into the room where I had kindergarten. The same nurse, and the same librarian still work there. And coincidentally the teacher of the second group that toured was actually my forth grade teacher, she didn't remember me.

After all the tours and school had let out, Tim and I got groceries. On our way home Mom called and she, Emily, & Micah said they wanted to come play with my puppies and that they would be in the backyard waiting for us when we got home. They were. Emily and Micah both got glasses a couple of days ago, today was the first day that I got to see them, they both look very beautiful, but of course I told them that the looked like dorks, I've been around Tim far to long....Emily had to go to church so me,Tim, Micah and mom all went to Petco, I like to look at the fish. Micah and I saw three albino snakes it was very unusual.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You are writing on the blog!!!! I am so excited!